Go Back   Video Web Hosting Forums - CirtexHosting Community > CirtexHosting Community > Webmasters Lounge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 01:27 AM

how do you fix the /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I have added a new domain to my cirtex account, using the CPANEL, I have made a domain name redirect from old domain to new domain. how ever when i access the old name, instead of it redirecting me to my new domain it redirects me to www.mynewdomain.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

what is it with the '/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi' redirects? does any one know how to fix it? i am using a shared hosred account do i have to send a support ticket or am i able to fix this myself?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Community Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover View Post
I have added a new domain to my cirtex account, using the CPANEL, I have made a domain name redirect from old domain to new domain. how ever when i access the old name, instead of it redirecting me to my new domain it redirects me to www.mynewdomain.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

what is it with the '/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi' redirects? does any one know how to fix it? i am using a shared hosred account do i have to send a support ticket or am i able to fix this myself?
You need to wait 24-72 hours for the new redirect to proporgate over the internet (updates the various datacenters and computers around the globe so they know that the old domain leads to the new domain AND that the new domain points at your webserver).

Cirtex Hosting - Very Affordable and High Quality Web Hosting
[ Plans starting at $2.99 per month: Cirtex Hosting ]
[ Check the status of our servers: Status Page ]
[ Help and Support for customers: Help Desk ]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 PM

On VPS usually you get that if you are accessing the main server page like mail.domain.com
Old 12-23-2010, 08:52 PM

There is a cool script that some guy wrote that it basically acts like someone is typing in real time. You can put it in place of that page for the curious folks.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:25 PM

I prefer a blank server page to putting up anything. It keeps peepers from prying and knowing what is happening with your system.

Tags
cgi, cgi-sys, cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cg, defaultwebpage